Classical/Piano genre not distributed to streaming sites

Recently I uploaded some of my live piano improvisations to various online music distributors. And I got a surprising result: classical piano music is not being accepted for streaming at several sites. 

I got this note from Soundrop that my newest "Long Piano Fantasy" "was determined to be ineligible for delivery to Automated Claiming Services". 

I checked their reasons given on the reasons for this, which they explain here: https://support.soundrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037548231-What-Is-Eligible-for-Automated-Claiming


Surprisingly to me, it is stated that "Piano-only instrumentals" are ineligible for this. WHY????


Another similar experience with MusicDiffusion: Several of the selected distribution channels do not accept classical piano:
  • Beatport
  • Facebook
  • iTunes / Apple Music
  • YouTube Audio Content ID
Again, why is this???




Comments