Music Release: Jean Sibelius - Karelia Suite

In 2017 I did have a commission to create a rendition (among others) of Sibelius' "Karelia Suite", as part of the sound track for a documentary film.

Now in January 2024 I began to re-work this rendition, to make it a bit more expressive than in 2017, to fix a few notes, to set a more appropriate tempo. 

Since Sibelius died in 1957, he is not yet more than 70 years dead - therefore his music compositions are still under copyright. So when looking for a music distributor which would support "cover songs" (music that is performed by someone else who has the music composition copyright), I decided to try DittoMusic  (see my post Music Distribution Ditto Music). I first wanted to use Soundrop: a few years ago they were really good at publishing music compositions which were "cover songs", and I had a few releases with them. But recently they had become extremely slow in publishing releases. And there were some problems with my releases: several of them had been apparently been rejected by Amazon, probably because of the lack of a mechanical license (which is required when cover songs are being made available for download). 

So I ruled out Soundrop and went with DittoMusic. There will be a 10-day wait (at least) until the release is published. Which means it will be online on 6 February 2024. I will keep you updated here on the blog about how this progresses.



Comments